Wednesday, April 29, 2009

While I was thinking about the previous idea I started to research the different wars that occured in Europe over the past two hundred years and bloody hell I never knew there had been so many! I was researching them so I could have more knowledge about the different borders of these countries when layering them and changing them for reworking the wire maps idea, looking at maybe changing them in terms of what would have happened if a certain war had ended differently. Because there were so many wars it was hard to think in terms of these when messing around with the different borders of the countries, in the end I knew it probably would come subconsciously anyway so I just started to mess around with the different shapes without thought. So I had drawn out the individual countries on aseotate in black marker and used a projector to really examine the effects of messing about with them and layering them. I decided to put up a large sheet of paper and draw out the projection onto them but once I did that I didn't know what to do with them. I liked them but they were so plain. I haven't really done anything with them since but I've been thinking of using them to do a print project i've just hit a bit of a wall with the european countries thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive