Wednesday, April 8, 2009

For our course we had to do classes in different things such as welding and casting so we could maybe generate ideas from knowing how to do these things and of course to expand our skills so I decided to cast my wooden pallet. Obviously I couldn't cast the whole entire thing so I decided to cast one plank and one wooden block and put them all together in the end. It was really interesting doing them as they turned out like the wooden planks and blocks just painted in white especially when alot of the wood splints would come out in cast. In the end I didn't put it all together as the casts weren't very strong and would fall apart when you tried to put nails through them. Amanda (my tutor) recommended that I try laying them out in this white bright space in the college so I could learn about how important a space can be to a piece of work in terms of how the work is presented. so I started trying out different layouts, different positions, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed just working with the space I took loads of pictures but I'm only going to put up a few examples..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive