Monday, April 20, 2009

Another idea I had was to use the black tape again but to use it to make squares on the ground in public places so as to appropriate that space and say 'this is my space I own this'. I came up with idea from researching the changing boundaries of different countries, I was taking note of the fact that some rulers of a country would just decide that they wanted to own this land from another country and would plot and take it over. I wanted to take on the same style of appropriating land. I did try this idea on a small scale around the area where I live but to be honest I didn't really have the confidence to do it where I wanted to do it in towns and cities. I was afraid of being embarrassed but now I really want to make myself do this idea not only to have it as a piece of work but to force myself to come out of my comfort zone, though many might think that I'm not venturing very far outside but for me it would be a big step towards opening myself up to doing things in the public eye and not leaving things within the college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive