Monday, April 20, 2009

Okay so during a group crit ( where we all sit around telling each other what we are doing at the moment and give each other constructive criticism and suggestions) it was suggested that with these black squares that they become my own country which was what I was thinking and that I work them like a country as in they have their own laws, own flag etc. So I started thinking that I would base these laws on my own morals and this is what I came up with:
  1. Thou shalt not kill
  2. Thou shalt not steal
  3. Thou shalt not commit adultery
  4. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours goods
  5. Treat your neighbour as you would like to be treated yourself- this last one is the most important to me as really it covers all bases- stealing, killing, adutery..

The punishment for breaking these laws is to be cast out of the country.

I was really interested with the way they all came out of the ten commandments, that wasn't intentional at all. I was brought up a catholic so I suppose thats so embedded in me that it can't help but stem out.

I'm calling my country 'The golden land' as my name in Irish means golden princess, or-laith. I was thinking the flag could be gold with a black cirlce in the middle representing unity and peace.

I started thinking that maybe the country didn't need to be a place but a state of mind and the citizens of the country would just wear a symbol to show where they are from kind of like the star of david was for the jews but obviously not so they could be persecuted! But then does it become more like a religion or a cult?I may need to explore this a bit more..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive