Wednesday, April 29, 2009
So finally I recorded the hurling match after a lot of procrastinating, the match was between Kilkenny and Tipperary- two bordering counties. I had a great time and the sound from it turned out great! The sound of the crowd had a tendency to rise and fall when excited by something happening, this sounded really gutteral and primal almost as if they were all so engrossed by what was going on they couldn't control the noise that came from them. I decided to focus in on this and use it to give people the experience of being there of the sound of the excitement causing this deep feeling of excitement, of slight anxiety maybe?
I was using the sound for a multimedia project and cut and pasted all the rising and falling sounds of the crowd together then did a little bit more editing. Now i'm using it for my class exhibiton which is on tomorrow in this cool place called Stix in Limerick!
I'm really excited about the sound and the exhibition, I'm just crossing my fingers it all goes well because we're all getting a little bit more than stressed at this point trying to get everything done!
P.S.: Sorry about the lack of pictures lately I'll be putting some up of the opening night soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
List of links
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(65)
-
▼
April
(30)
- Our poster!
- Exhibition Artist statement.
- Just thought I'd put up the names of some of the ...
- So finally I recorded the hurling match after a lo...
- While I was thinking about the previous idea I sta...
- We started doing a sound seminar every week learni...
- My artists statement
- Ok so at this point it was after christmas I was g...
- I have found another idea that I should go back to...
- At this time i was looking at artists such as Magd...
- After christmas I started thinking about going bac...
- After that I started thinking about things like ow...
- Okay so during a group crit ( where we all sit aro...
- ps I will put up the pictures I took of the black ...
- Another idea I had was to use the black tape again...
- So from here I started thinking about doing more p...
- I'm having problems putting up the pictures of the...
- For our course we had to do classes in different t...
- I decided then that I wanted to do something ph...
- I started thinking about putting black lines, like...
- What I was also looking at was the changing borde...
- Ok so from there I started thinking about seperati...
- Boundary, Boundaries: a boundary is a line that se...
- "If you work as an artist you destroy yourself. Th...
- I began at the start of this academic year with a...
- This was a quick two day project about what chang...
- This was a piece I did for a project about explor...
-
▼
April
(30)

No comments:
Post a Comment