Monday, August 17, 2009
The summer
Hey I thought I should add something to this before I see tumbleweeds rolling through it..So what have I been doing this summer; mainly nothing much but I have been been learning a bit (subconsciously I think)about the ways and means behind the running of galleries and art councils in Ireland. I do my internship in the butler gallery every friday, which has a great show in there at the mo by David Godbold- look him up he's good, and even though I'm doing these different usually admin. usually kind of boring jobs for them i know I'm slowly learning how the whole set up works and I'm hoping it will all sink in and stick for the long run. For the past week the Kilkenny arts festival was on and I was helping out with kid workshops with the crafts council which was fun!I did a bit of facepainting a lot of registration stuff and then we had some drinkies on the last night of the workshops so some networking was had as well.
In terms of art work I haven't done that much. I'm working on that idea with the flowers that I was talking about but I haven't done it yet I'm waiting to get back to limerick to find some really awful places!Anyway thats me for the mo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment